Hotpoint wd420 Dryer stopped working

Hotpoint charge £105.00 and poss private bloke out of yellow pages about £60.00 I would think.

Sponsored Links
All in parts and labour with hotpoint .independent poss 60 plus 20 for part.

Sponsored Links
Sorry i'm late on this reply but should help somebody else next time. There is a tinny red button on the thermostat that once it's trips it need to be pushed back with a paper clip. Locate it and gently push back in and dryer works as normal ( have found it by complementary taking it apart in an attempt to fix) :D never has bothered me again ever since :mrgreen:

Thanks Rocks1 and Steveo44 I stumbled across this whilst trying to find out why my washer/dryer was smelly. Also my dryer doesn't heat up (and hasn't done for a while) Anyway with the help of my long suffering dad (hubby is useless at DIY) and this forum we located and cleaned the filter which was full of coins, hair, bits of bark, and assorted gunk!!

It seemed to be trickier for dad to get tit back together than taking it apart but success, we have a washing machine doing a wash now (with no clothes in it) as dad said the dirty water would have been sitting there and not able to drain away.

Fingers crossed it solves the dryer problem too but if not I have found another thread which expands on digitalys post about resetting thermostat, suspect i will have to call dad again!!

Many thanks for such helpful posts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back