Hotpoint WD440 drum gets stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I think there is something stuck behind the drum of my machine. It has thrown its belt. I can spin the drum a few times but it intermittently sticks. I can push it past the sticky point manually. I haven't heard steel-on-steel screeching so I dont think its the bearings. I definitely can hear some rubbing.

Ive removed the paddles and cant see the item, and Ive had a poke up through the filter (there seems to be bars up there to stop my hand going in)

I just cannot find a sock or a bra or whatever is stuck in there. I suspect its behind the drum?

Anyway. Can anyone help? Anyone got an idea of how to tackle this.
I was looking at dismantling the whole thing but I think there are some screws there I just cant reach.

Thanks!

edit: mod title

Sponsored Links
remove the heater box 6 screws u can access the rear that way .or remove dispenser hose poss stuck in there.

Thanks for that Rocks1

Wont I have to remove the screws all the way around the hard plastic water proof casing to access the back? If you say no I'll be delighted. The thoughts of doing that is too much.

no just the 6 screws on the heater box and lift off, you will see a big hole thats poss were the sock is .

Sponsored Links
Rocks1
Extreme gratitude and a veritable tsunami of good karma is heading your way right now.

10 mins to get the screws off. A bit of turning of the drum and there's the sock. Mangled and shredded.

Im gonna get a whole load of brownie points from the missus for this.

Thanks!

:) :) use a laundry bag saves loads of hassle cheap as well .:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back