Hotpoint WD61

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an old Hotpoint WD61, which washes fine but won't dry. It turns and looks like it's drying but doesn't get warm at all.

A friend of mine took the top off and found that a wire had come loose. He tried to unpinch the the little thing that looks a bit like this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50-UNINSULATE...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item2556e4a5be

but couldn't do it, so asked me to get hold of some more.... I now need two as another came off when he was trying to fix it !

Anyway, I don't know what these are called, and have searched for "uninsulated spade" but don't seem to be coming up with something which resembles the photo above.

I've tried a local electrical shop, and also B&Q and neither could help. I've since managed to lose the little metal thing that I'm supposed to be buying - not very good at this am I !!!

Please could somebody tell me what I need to buy... I've actually replaced my washer dryer now but would like to fix my washer dryer before selling it on as somebody will get good use out of it once fixed.

Any and all help very much appreciated.

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Why can't you just buy those off e-bay?

Hi. I would do, but there are several similar listings, some saying red equivalent, some blue equivalent, and some yellow equivalent. I'm really not sure which colour I need.

As I'm looking to sell the washer dryer on, I don't want it blowing up on somebody because I've put the wrong colour in.... can you tell I'm female??

If the wires were from the heater element then I would guess they are probably 2mm(csa not diameter) so you will need the blue equivalent. No I could not distinguish your sex, there are a lot of stupid males post on here, not that I am suggesting you are stupid :) It is far better to ask than blunder ahead.

Sponsored Links
If the wires were from the heater element then I would guess they are probably 2mm(csa not diameter) so you will need the blue equivalent. No I could not distinguish your sex, there are a lot of stupid males post on here, not that I am suggesting you are stupid :) It is far better to ask than blunder ahead.

hehe. thanks. I'll go ahead and order blue ones... presumably then, I can actually order blue ones - rather than uninsulated ones?? Sorry if that's another silly question, but as you say - better to ask.

I have a dodgy Dualit toaster too... next stop.... "new topic"....

Yes it will not be a problem using insulated ones as long as you have suitable crimping pliers, but if your friend was intending to solder the treminals to the wires then it will be easier with the non insulated type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back