Hotpoint WD62 door hinge replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New to the site, hope someone can help.

The door hinge on our Hotpoint WD62 washer dryer sheared and I need to fit a new door hinge. When I removed the existing hinge (to confirm the part number) there was a 'clunk' as something dropped inside the machine. I'm assuming that there was some sort of internal retaining fixing/bolt that the door hinge screws connect into and it was this that dropped inside. There is therefore now nothing to for the replacement hinge to screw into.

My question is how easy is it to get the front panel off the machine (which I assume is what I will have to do the obtain the fixing that dropped down).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
remove clip at the top of door seal ,it unclips remove metal band ,pull front of door seal off of front panel.shine torch down inside and pick up metal bracket .with the hinge attacted to door hold in place and place bracket behind the two holes fit screws and then fit the seal and clip .

Thanks for the reply rocks1, very much appreciated. I'll have a go at fitting tonight.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back