Hotpoint WF440

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace the front and back door panels/covers.

I can see the screws that keep the front and back covers together, but I can't figure out how the back panel can be taken off the hinges and the new panel put back on the hinges.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Peter

Sponsored Links
Once the door is taken off including the hinges the door splits in half and the hinges slide out .be careful of the door handle it's got a bar and springe in it ,make a note how it comes out ,don't rush it otherwise you will end up with A pile of bits take photos if you can .

Hi rocks1

I’ve gone as far as “splitting” the door in half by unscrewing the 6 screws that keep the two halves together.

I’ve taken the front half and the glass out.
The back half of the door is still on hinges.
I can’t see how the back half can just slide out of the hinges!
Do I need to take the hinges off the main body of the washing machine for them to slide off the back half of the door?

When you say the hinges slide out, which direction do I need to slide the back half of the door for the hinges to slide off?

Thanks again
Peter

Sponsored Links
yes its best to remove hinges with the door, it all comes off complete door and hinges .once door is split the hinges lift up and slide there is a gap at one side and a pin at the other ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back