Hotpoint WF541 Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my hotpoint WF541 has the first light flashing no matter what programme is selected. After the cycle, the door is hot to touch. I think this is error F8. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to replace any required parts and where I can source them?

Thanks

Stu

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I joined these forums a while back as i needed some advice on how to fix another appliance, and now I needed some advice on a Hotpoint WF541 washing machine that a friend had a problem with.

I checked the basics i.e. Power On at the plug, water supply connected and on, outlet drain Ok etc, but lights were flashing everywhere, not knowing why or if they represented any fault codes, until I googled for some information and came up with many threads that Rocks1 has taken part in advising many owners sucsessfully to overcome many faults on this excellemt website called DIYnot.

I too learned a great deal, thanks to Rocks1, we need people like him to break monopoly of thieving robbing companies like Hotpoint who monopolise service and spares to such an extent that it is almost a joke.
I wonder if I should make a former complaint with the trading standards on unhelpful exchange of technical information on a product sold in UK to any consumer who demands it.

i have never come across any company trying to sell a main board for a washing machine without a programmed chips, that is rediculous, Hotpoint sell you a blank serial eeprom memory chip for £29.00 that you could probably buy for under a couple of quids. Or you could buy their main PCB for over £110 and is not even programmed and you need to buy the software seperately, trying to be smart like Bill Gates!

And then add insult to injury, you got to buy a programmer and a sim based card with one time downloadable software, what a load of cone it is.

I think people like Rocks1 and companies like EMW are very important to people who may have foolishly bought machines like Hotpoint whose service department are reluctant to give out any advice as i rang them they were simply not intersted in giving me any advice why the lights were flashing and kept telling me that all I can do is to book a service engineer, which is not what i wanted, not at their prohibitively high costs.

I will just bear in future not to buy any Hotpoint products and go for cheaper machines so that when they breakdown, you simply throw them and buy a new one.

Not only that, whilst conducting a search on the internet, I stumbled across many other forums where many owners are full of regrets why they ever bought this machine, i.e. expensive spares, breaking down time and again, and the manufacturer's poor help advice and only intersted in making more money out of helpless people who sadly bought their machines.

It is no wonder then that I see more used Hotpoint washing meachine lined up on the forecourts of secondhand appliances sellers than from any other manufacturers, I guess people got rid of them before it emptied their wallet.

Again Thanks to rocks1, I cleaned out the filter, which was blocked, cleared it and the hose, and it now appears to run Ok, only time will tell as I have only carried out 1 wash cycle from the setting 3.

I hope I haven't broken any rules of this forum, If i have please accept my advance apology, and if need be you may delete this post.

This is where I found many answers thans to Rocks1: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=169354

And I am not alone in condemning the Hotpoint WF541, here is a site I found where owners regret ever buying one, read for yourself. http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews120310.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back