Hotpoint WF541 Fault Help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
MY hotpoint WF541 washing machine is faulty and I can not find the problem.
When i put it on a wash cycle it completes the first wash then empties and sits there with fault code 1 light flashing. This says it is the heater relay however it happens on cold wash as well as heated washes. I have also checked at the heater and the heater is being switched on and off as though it is temperature controlling.When it stops the machine drains and appears to keep pumping even thogth the machine looks empty. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Classic relay fault on the pcb. New one needed

If you know what relay it is and can solder , then you need maplins or rs to buy a new one. Talk to emw they might tell you wot relay it is.

Sponsored Links
I have a similar problem with my wf541, it seemed there was a different fault code flashing every time I switched it on so I replaced the pcb and have since been getting the f05 code in the middle of a wash. Today I fitted a new pressure switch and blew down the pipe to make sure it wasn't blocked, I've also taken the pump and filter apart to clean and check, taken the sump off and given it a clean and cleaned out the drain hose all to no avail. What's left to check? I'd very grateful for any clues as I' m almost pulling my hair out!

Check the impeller on the pump is it loose. Fo5 is a pump/ drainage fault you have cleared it all out the only thing left is a faulty pump and stalls once it gets hot.

Hi I ran the machine and checked the operation of the relay at the board, it worked fine.
Checked the heater no problem.Checked the thermostat no problem.
Then noticed there was a kink in the drain pipe. Changed that and all was well.don't understand why the fault code was for heater relay when it was a drain problem but it now works fine.

Yes a kinked hose will cause f05 , it's a timed drain if it don't drain in 3 mins it defaults to error f05

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back