Hotpoint WF860 washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have arrived home to find my kitchen flooded and the washing machine flashing H20 on the LCD display. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it ?

I have tried putting it through a short cycle wash and it fills up with water then stops and the same message comes up H20.

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
I have arrived home to find my kitchen flooded and the washing machine flashing H20 on the LCD display. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it ?

I have tried putting it through a short cycle wash and it fills up with water then stops and the same message comes up H20.

Any ideas ?

H2O = water.
does your machine fill to the correct level then stop filling or does it fill right up and flood out? You may have a blockage ( or a split ) in the pressure bottle/pipe or a faulty pressure sensor. this would cause the machine to fill forever.

The machine fills up and floods out of the powder drawer.

I will wait for your reply before i start taking things apart. LOL

Have a look at the tube that runs up to the pressure sensor. check for blockages and damage, Even a pin hole will cause this problem.

If you blow into the pressure switch you should hear a "click" and another one when you release the pressure.

follow good practice and unplug the machine before you work on it, and be aware that the inside edges of a machine can be VERY sharp.

Sponsored Links
Right, pressure switch ??? Sensors ????

You will have to speak in laymans terms here as i know little of washing machines.

I will be taking the back of the machine off and looking for what ? I will check any pipes i find and maybe will find my way about, but if we are talking checking certain things i know not where they are in the machine. If you can be more descriptive about what they look like and where these parts are then it will make life easier.

Thanks for your help though Gees it is much appreciated.

Like Breezer its a few years since I repaired these things for a living.
However the basic principles have not changed ( much ).
You are looking for the pressure switch. It will be mounted in the upper part of the machine and is usually a round thing about 3 inches in diameter. It has wires connected to it and also a thin rubber tube. This tube goes to the bottom of the tub where there is a more bulbous vessel ( the pressure bottle) that is connected to a low point on the tub.

What is supposed to happen!!! is that as the water fills the tub it flows into the bottle and displaces air up the tube to the pressure switch. Because the tube/bottle/switch is a sealed unit the air pressure builds up in the switch. There is a daiphragm inside the unit that at a predetermined pressure operates one or more microswitches inside the unit and tells the machine that the water is at the correct level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back