Hotpoint Wf860 wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replaced the heater relay on the main pcb and reconnected everthing, but I just need to confirm the correct connection of 2 wires from the heating element.
I think that the 2 wires - 1 violet/green the other brown/green connect to the spare pins on J3 as shown in my photo (the 2 wires in the connector to the right in the photo), but can somebody please confirm the is correct before I plug the machine back in.

The way they are connected at the moment is the violet/green with the insulated crimp is plugged into the inner connector and the brown/green is in the outer pin (I am not sure the photo shows this very well)

Thanks in advance

Shaun

Sponsored Links
Thanks.
All wired up fine now ( it was anyway, but just needed that confirmation).
Ran a cycle this this morning and all appeared to be fine until the end of the cycle when error f08 came up on the display again.
I have read that this code refers to a faulty or stuck heater relay - hence I replaced it (there are 2 relays on the board, I replaced them both). The heating element tests OK.

I have also read that this could also be related to worn or broken motor brushes, so nothing to do with the heating circuit.
Has anybody any experiance of this issue?
When I get home later, I will take the brushes out to check them.

Thanks.

Shaun

Could be Presure switch as well but very rare. All we do it change the pcb. And long as heater megas out ok.

Sponsored Links
Sits on the side of cabinet with a tube running of it to the drum. Just blow down it to see if there's any restriction. But I doubt it's that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back