help needed: Suprima upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am one of the suckers that had the PCB problems with the Potterton Suprima. Eventually I bought an upgrade unit. I am trying to install it into the Suprima 100.

The problem is that it says "remove the 2 violet wires from the fan" . Well, my fan does not have 2 violet wires. But it had 4 wires (blue, brown, red and green) connected to the rest of the unit with a moulded plastic 4 pin connector (the violet wires on teh new upgrade are spade clips).

So, the question is: where are the 2 violet wires supposed to attach. I notice that the box the upgrade came in said "part no: XXXXXXX (fan) is also required when fitting this kit. Is this the clue?

Sponsored Links
You need to be "competent" to be working on that. Call someone Corgi registered.

Phone baxi/potterton but i think you will need a new fan some fans had a large capacitor on and were not suitable for the new pcb.

if your fan has the green cover, you will need to upgrade the fan as well, the part no is on the upgrade kit, along with the relevant serial no's

Sponsored Links
But if you can't read instructions, you aren't competent, and what you're doing is illegal and dangerous.

good point, i agree with chris, you shouldnt be doin it anyhow, ant if you are struggling to follow the destructions, would recomend you get a CORGI in......

corgiman wrote:

you need a different board for the 100

i think you could well be right. From what i remember the 100 has 2 boards, a control board and a fan board.
That update kit is not for that boiler :cry:

nope it aint

the 100 comes witha capacitor for the fan as well

call a corgi person please please dont do anymore yourself, at this moment its only cost you money (chances are you will not get a refund for that board) any more and it could cost you very dear

the suprima 120 has the two boards......

it clearly stated on the box for the upgrade kit that suprima 100's with serial number prior to ahh????????? will need a replacment fan...

The issue is whether the fan fitted (according to whether early or later model) requires a starting capacitor or not.

As others have already pointed out: you're already starting to waste money DIYing this boiler.

Isn't it the Sifan one which has to go , and be replaced by the one with the black lump on the back about the size of an individual christmas pud? And a set of leads of course.
That's why I've still got some new old boards in stock!

i did one last friday, and all you need is the new kit, and fan part no 5000860, think you may be right about it being the sifan, all i remember is it had a green case to the fan motor.....

how old is the boiler, if its under 5 years old, chuck your kit which you have back on ebay, and get your money back, then call heateam (potterton) who will come round, replace the fan and pcb, and if you get me, i may give your boiler a quick clean out whilst im at it, as long as you make me a cuppa.......

think the charge for a boiler under 5 years is about 190 quid, or 225 will get you a years warranty as well. if its over 5 years, the price will be more (cant remember the exact figure, but i think its about 270)

that includes all parts and labour.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back