Suprima 80

ollski said:
I would imagine that those parts were ordered but only 1 or maybe 2 fitted, they will still show up on the job sheet if the engineer keeps them on the van just in case.

Thats interesting and will explain how a few BG engineers get unused spares which they later sell on Ebay!

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
ollski said:
I would imagine that those parts were ordered but only 1 or maybe 2 fitted, they will still show up on the job sheet if the engineer keeps them on the van just in case.

Thats interesting and will explain how a few BG engineers get unused spares which they later sell on Ebay!

Well that would be bloody stupid although I guess there are as many company thieves in bg as anywhere else. Those parts would still exist though but show up as being held on an individual engineers van rather than at the parts centre or on the customers boiler. There are ways round it but if you can't trust your employees who can you trust?

ollski said:
Agile said:
ollski said:

Well that would be b****y stupid although I guess there are as many company thieves in bg as anywhere else. Those parts would still exist though but show up as being held on an individual engineers van rather than at the parts centre or on the customers boiler. There are ways round it but if you can't trust your employees who can you trust?

if the engineer puts it on the computer as used then as far as BG are concerned its used....even if its actually for his homer later on that evening....its a ridiculously easy system to fool and i would imagine thievery is rife

nickso said:
if the engineer puts it on the computer as used then as far as BG are concerned its used....even if its actually for his homer later on that evening....its a ridiculously easy system to fool and i would imagine thievery is rife

You can do that of course nick but the chances are you will not be the next engineer and booking out a load of parts you obvoiusly havent fitted is pretty obvious. You can of course book them as returned but if they are not received back at the npc they will be listed as vanstock which is supposedly now held on record and checked.

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
nickso said:

You can do that of course nick but the chances are you will not be the next engineer and booking out a load of parts you obvoiusly havent fitted is pretty obvious. You can of course book them as returned but if they are not received back at the npc they will be listed as vanstock which is supposedly now held on record and checked.

i dont think either of those situations really matter ollski......im told the engineers can then just say they used them on another job and not marked them on the computer.

the npc is now the ndc which im told is now short for national disaster centre....lots of parts dont turn up or turn up wrong enabling even more thievery....i dont think BG have a clue whats going on parts wise on a job unless the technical manager has a look into it

nickso said:
i dont think BG have a clue whats going on parts wise on a job unless the technical manager has a look into it

I can guarantee you they do nick thats why you are currently having to justify the parts you order for a job and the vanstock tool is beginning to be utilized.
ps don't be embarrased there are another 5 posters here who currently work for the same comany as you and many more who used to ;)

i used to but no longer ollski. and if i still was i certainly wouldnt be embarrassed about it :)

the vanstock tool as far as im aware is for the engineers not the managers.

if a part is not used but the engineer keeps it the vanstock tool does not necessarily know that and it is not logged at parts centre as a vanstock part....merely a part the engineer is keeping in his van as a handy item.

what an engineer has in his van and what is actually classed as vanstock are far different. they have regular amnesties to get rid of unwanted parts clogging up vans.....unbelievably, a lot are thrown away :confused:

there has a lways been a method of justifying stock usage but it has always been a very flawed system....its no better now by the looks of it.

The vanstock tool was introduced to engineers last month but as a by product of a bigger picture, it is difficult to police parts thieving but as with everything bg if you are in the line of fire the information to collar you is easy to find.

Nickso on Ollski`s point so why did you say in a previous topic you where not BG but just someone who done his homework on the opposition why not just say you where ex BG with the obvious inside information on how the company runs

namsag said:
Nickso on Ollski`s point so why did you say in a previous topic you where not BG but just someone who done his homework on the opposition why not just say you where ex BG with the obvious inside information on how the company runs

why?? does it make a difference?

no one up until ollski has ever asked me whether i was or wasnt so i didnt mention it as i dont consider it important.

i still have contacts in BG who tell me the new deals and information in a detailed manner....homework!

No it doesn`t make a differnce . And it was you who was the first to raise the matter in a previous topic. As for points raised here regards van stocks most areas now are very very tight on parts not being used and kept on vans or for privates . Amazing some of the information that is printed off and sent out to patches an to Op`s managers And if anyone was caught selling parts on ebay they should be sacked straight away. not for theft but for sheer stupidity.

namsag said:
No it doesn`t make a differnce . And it was you who was the first to raise the matter in a previous topic. As for points raised here regards van stocks most areas now are very very tight on parts not being used and kept on vans or for privates . Amazing some of the information that is printed off and sent out to patches an to Op`s managers And if anyone was caught selling parts on ebay they should be sacked straight away. not for theft but for sheer stupidity.

raise what matter? if i know something about any subject then i may or may not wish to impart that knowledge on this forum. i dont remember raising any specific topic related to BG. more likely i saw someone talking utter rubbish (even possible slander) they clearly didnt have a clue about and i set them straight.

from experience BG have a very loose grip on parts usage...i can only comment on my personal experience and that of other trusted sources. if you have any evidence to the contrary then please do tell.

i agree that anyone selling company property on ebay or the like deserve everything that comes to them and i know for a fact that BG do catch people out doing things like that. thats not a problem for me as im not or ever have been a thief, nor am i going to be.

edited for spelling

back again !!!

Hope I didn't kick anything off down below, I can't say for sure all of those parts were fitted as half of them I wouldn't recognise, however the fan unit was as it is very different to the one that came out and the PCBs and overheat sensor was.

Well after much ado BGS decided it must be the Gledhill playing up, so changed the pump that controls the flow of water between the boiler and the gledhill itself. Quite a big job as the thermal storage unit had to be drained off and then the pump and the valves were changed and the system refilled.

Hey presto everything has been working fine since last Wednesday, until the this morning, when the same old problem has reappeared. No central heating and very luke warm tepid water. Boiler is on flashing green e.g. it has a demand signal, Gledhill is at 54 which is not high enough to engage central heating pump.

Flow and Return pipes from boiler to thermal storage unit are hot but Gledhill is not getting any warmer

Ahhhhhhhh

BGS on there way again

Any ideas anyone

is the store pump running? the one they replaced.

Yes it is, I took the cover off the gledhill and checked all of the pumps and they all seem OK. THE BGS guy checked them all again and they are all still running, you can feel them switch.

The BGS guy who called today is leaning towards changing the plate heat exchanger and the 2 remaining senors on the gledhill that haven't been changed. DHWS Temp sensor and the PHE return sensor. The store temp sensor has already been changed.

I'm not convinced this is the fix, it doesn't make sense to me that either of these items would cause the store itself to not get to and maintain its minimum or core operating temp. I don't get it at all, but it seems to me it must be related to the boiler to store flow and return circuit and the ability (or lack of) to transfer that heat into the store itself.

I'm starting to think that its another duff control PCB in the boiler or that there is something very wrong inside the gledhill on the heat exchanger that heats the store (not the plate exchanger which provides hot water on demand)

The wife just phoned to say the system is all up and working at the moment so it really is an intermittent failure, with no obvious pattern.

Cheers for any help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back