Suprima 80

i would have thought it unlikely the suprima pcb is faulty if the flow and return are hot....although you dont say how hot.

sounds like they are clutching at straws now and how many straws they clutch depends on how much whining you do.

having said that an intermittent fault on a gledhill can be a pain to diagnose

Sponsored Links
Not sure exactly how hot as I haven't got a way of measuring them, will have to borrow something from work, although I'm not sure what they should be reading or exactly how to measure it to get a correct reading.

Cheers for thoughts on PCB, and as for moaning, I think I can do that, if not I know someone else who can :D

Lets see what BGS come up with tomorrow.

I imagine BG would have the equpment to measure the F + R at the boiler!

he will be able to measure the f+r temps with his peformance tester. that would have been the first thing i would have done to confirm it wasnt the pcb. then he could have concentrated on the gledhill.

you missed my point about moaning at the engineer....i meant dont do it. it accomplishes nothing other than making him dislike you. you are unlikely to get very far if you are known as a pain in the arse.

Sponsored Links
Nick

Ah ha, sorry irony was lost on me.

Not done any moaning yet, only at the customer services side of BG when they cancelled our long duration job to fit the new pump on the Friday before xmas, leaving us stranded until after boxing day. On site Engineers and technical guys have all been very helpfiul so far.

Anyway will see what they suggest today, alothough its going to be tricky as everything is working OK again today.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back