HOTPOINT WMA 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a leak in my washer that i think is coming from the heating element.
the heating element appears to be covered with a plastic cover with a plastic nut in the center.The leak seems to be coming from this,how do you remove the plastic cover and nut, as i am afraid to break nut do i just use a socket and go ahead.

I am adding a picture to let you see, If you click on my name you will get the picture

thanks

Sponsored Links
That leak is from the drum bearing seal it runs down from the centre of the drum it will also start to get noisy as well.

thanks for your reply, i can see what you mean by the leak coming from the bearings as there is a water trace coming down to this plastic bit. I have removed the filter section above the pump and this was full of material, i cleaned this out there was a ball float inside.The cavity where this part comes from you can see the element inside and i found a bit of steel that was rumbling about inside the machine when the machine was on making a noise, i can only think that this part was used to hold the element in place.I have added a picture of the bit of steel after straighting it out with pliers.

many thanks for your help

002.JPG was uploaded successfully.

003.JPG was uploaded successfully.

001.JPG was uploaded successfully

Sponsored Links
Yep that's the heater bracket that goes on the heater. That mc is 10 years old you will need a new heater and bracket and bearings. And if the bearing don't come out you will need a rear half drum.

many thanks for your reply, will be having a look to see if i can repair it or might end up having to get a replacement machine.any idea where the best place is to get spares

Try google but strip it Down first saves you buying the parts and chucking them. Bearings are about 20 ish heater 20 bracket a fiver. If the drum surport is Badly worn that's another 40 , I would run it into the ground a new mc is about 200. It's done good for 10 years. I would scrap it it's gonna be time consuming and scraped knuckles for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back