hotpoint wma 32

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have got a WMA 32 and unfortunately it has begun making some terrible noises. We've had the top off it, and the small back panel at the bottom where the waste pipe goes. All seems fine apart from the noise, and there is a small hole at the back on the outer casing which has been leaking brown water.... presumably rusty water. The only thing we can think is that somehow water has got into the bearing, though we're not sure how the small hole has been created (unless it's from heat caused by bearing problems??).

It's less than five years old, and has not been used all that much. Are we as well to get Hotpoint to look at it given the free parts, or will the labour be that expensive we are just as well to get rid?

Any ideas? Many thanks, Colin :confused:

Colin, welcome to the forums. please note forum rule 20, your post has been split

Sponsored Links
spin the drum by hand if its noisey you have overloaded it and ruined the bearings, yes, its worth calling hp for

hotpoint did have a fault with the bearings on this machine so its not all your fault.. phone them for a price but should be if i remember £70 ish.

Sponsored Links
the hole you describe is a design feature and is there to let any water out that gets past the seal. Your drum seal will have failed and hence is letting water into the bearing. Whether the bearing failed and caused the seal to go or vice versa is debateable but either way the bearing and seal need replacing. I did the job on my machine that was just outside the 5 year period and even with a whole new rear tub section it was a long job for someone that hadn't done it before.

If you can get Hotpoint to do it for you for £80ish i'd go with that. The rear tub section with the new bearings and seal cost me £59 and then i reckon it took me 5 hours to do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back