Hotpoint WMBF 944 outlet pipe water valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hotpoint WMBF 944 outlet pipe water valve.

Hi folks, I am normally resident in the AV section, but I have a washing machine plumbing issue that is foxing me.

The above washer has a valve in the end of the outlet hose. Without something to press and hold the valve open then the washer can't drain.

The fitting just off the U bend that the outlet valve connects to is effectively "capped" when the tube is attached. This is because this water valve has a flat head and it is large enough to cap the sink fitting.

Can this valve be removed or is there a special fitting under the sink that holds it open without being blocked?

Sponsored Links
No-one any ideas?

Is it possible that the hose has been fitted on backwards at the factory?

Sponsored Links
No, that's just it. It blocks water egress i.e. draining out during a wash cyclear. But it would be useless as anti-siphon to stop water going back up the pipe because in that direction the flow would open the valve.

I can't see a sensible reason for it to be there and in the direction that it works. Very puzzling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back