Hotpoint WMD960P Flooding kitchen floor---Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My Hotpoint WMD960P is overfilling when switched on and on any wash cycle requiring it to fill, and backing up the to the dispenser draw and leaking all over the floor. The drum does fill with water but it just keeps filling & filling until it backs up to the dispenser draw. I have:
- Taken off and checked Pressure hose from pressure level switch to bottom of drum, no blockage, or kinks.
- Changed pressure switch, no joy.
- Checked and cleaned pressure housing, it wasn't gunked up or anything.
- Have blown down the pressure hose whilst there is water in the drum, the air blown in causes bubbles, so no blockage there.
- have taken off a drum paddle to see and check passage from drum to pressure housing.

Although i've learned a heck of a lot about the workings of washing machines, i'm all out of ideas. I have been told that it can't be the Water inlet valve as it isn't taking in water when switched off? Is this true? My missus just wants to buy a replacement which we can't afford so am desperate to get this one fixed as i've spent so much time on it already(and to stop the missus nagging).
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Datadiyer.[/list][/list]

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Right, after closer inspection of the internal pressure hose, I found a tiny hole which would explain the overfill of water. So i've cut the hose at the point where the pinhole is, and it now as it's shorter, it only just fits between the pressure switch and the pressure valve at the bottom of the machine. Only problem now is that it's not filling with enough water. AArrggg! I'm just wondering if the length of the hose is relevant to how much water is taken in? I've snipped about 3 inches off the original hose.
Any ideas?

Many thanks,
DataDiyer.

Yes it does. You should have put a blob of glue or tape round the pipe till you got a new hose , new hose req

Sponsored Links
Thanks Rocks1,
I was about to tamper with the adjustment screws on the pressure switch before I read your reply, phew, picking new hose up today, many thanks, can't believe I missed that little pin hole.
Many thanks,
DataDiyer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back