Hotpoint WML520 leaking from soap dispenser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint WML520 washing machine that has been intermittently been leaking small amounts of water. So far i have cleaned out the soap dispenser, replaced the door seal, removed and cleaned the pump, removed and cleaned out the hose coming off the bottom of the drum, and removed and cleaned the hose coming off the soap dispenser. I also checked the inlet into the drum for any obstructions.

It now consistently leaks small amounts of water when it goes onto rinse cycle and fills. I can actually see water coming off the bottom of the dispenser and running down the hose that connects the hose from the dispenser to the drum, but i can't for the life of me work out where its coming from. I've looked into the dispenser when its filling and water is not backing up from the hose into the dispenser. The drum is also draining properly and you can hear that the pump has cleared all the water from the drum before it stops pumping.

My only options now seem to be to replace the whole dispenser but i can't see any fault with it.

Can anyone give any further advice on what the fault could be?

Sponsored Links
To check if the soap dispenser has any leaks remove it & cover the top & front with cling film & blow into tube & see if you can hear any air leaks. The cling film should blow up like a balloon.

Could a fill hose have a pin-hole leak and be spraying water onto the dispenser?

To check if the soap dispenser has any leaks remove it & cover the top & front with cling film & blow into tube & see if you can hear any air leaks. The cling film should blow up like a balloon.
That is a great tip, i'll give it a go. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Could a fill hose have a pin-hole leak and be spraying water onto the dispenser?
I doubt it. The water input to the machine is at the back and the dispenser runs from the front of the machine all the way to the back. The drip is coming from the front of the dispenser somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back