Hotpoint WMM39 Washing Machine Flashing Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I have the above machine and it starts to wash, but after a minute it stops and all the lights flash in sequence from top to bottom.

Hotpoint say they have no error code for that light sequence, but couldn't wait to sell me a service contract for £160!

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
you sure you have the right model number lights go from side to side on this model prewash /wash rinse /spin end.

Well, they are side to side, but slope slightly downwards, lol. It's definately a WMM39 Hotpoint Aquarius.

It seems to fail on filling with water on any wash programme. It drains, then starts to fill but then stops dead for 15 minutes until all the lights start flasing in sequence.

I've tried kicking it, but it didn't fix it!

:D

Does it spin on the spin prog ,check the motor brushes poss worn .

Sponsored Links
No, won't do anything apart from flash same sequence. I thought it could be the C17 capacitor issue (read on here) - is that a possibility?

nope differant model and pcb, check the brushes and the filter assy .

nope differant model and pcb, check the brushes and the filter assy .

On the verge of giving up - and paying Hotpoint £114!

The machine is not filling, the water goes in from the pipes and out the other end without filling the drum. It never gets to turn the drum as the machine is not filling. I watched the water coming straight out the drainage pipe from the supply pipe (in and out - no wash)!

The drum, bushes and belt and seem fine. Is there a valve or something that could be broke and not keeping the water in the drum?

is the waste pipe down too low syphoning back out again.

Yes, it was that, but I was testing the machine with the pipe on the floor - going out the back door.

Now it's back down the waste pipe the machine fills, but does not start washing. It just sits there for ages until the all the lights start flashing. The drum does not move, but everything else appears to do what it is supposed to.

have you taken the brushes out and looked at them also check motor wiring harness has not rubbed on the bottom weight.

Brushes are on the motor go to you tube and type in hotpoint motor brushes tell you how to change them .wiring harness is attacted to the motor .

I'll have a crack at that tomorrow. Gonna have a few beers tonight and I'm dangerous with a beer and a toolbox!

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back