Hotpoint WT960 Not going into Spin Cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having problems with this machine, First it wouldn't go from Rinse to Spin during a normal cycle, but would Spin if on a spin-only cycle.
Now it won't turn at all, it fills and empties and the timer counts down but thats it! :cry:

Please help :!:

K

Sponsored Links
Bump...

Please help, all ideas welcome.
Should I just bite the bullet and replace the damn thing?

It's been a really good machine so far, it may even still be under the Hotpoint 5 year parts warranty, but I'd have to try to find the paperwork to prove it :oops:

K

Taking the motor out to check the brushes, found that one of the cables going into the plastic connector block has blown, :cry: (I have taken a pic but the upload doesn't appear to be working at the moment.)
Is this something that is likely to be repairable, and if so how?

K

Sponsored Links
Its not blown just been arking and gone black , just butt connect the cable to repair it.

Me again... :oops:
Wire is fixed, put motor back in still no spin :(
Called Hotpoint they want either 105 quid for an engineer, or 179 over 12 months to fix it :eek:
So much for 5 years free parts :!:
The motor is this one:
https://parts.hotpointservice.co.uk...ea=0000000057&citem=00000180260000000054)/.do
and we can't seem to get into it to find out if it is the brushes. Is there a knack to it or have Hotpoint engineers got specific tools to get into them?

K

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back