hotpointWF541 1400 spin flooding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This could be a new one ,wire from wifes bra got stuck in drum after I removed it the machine now floods kitchen any suggestions relating to problem and i dont mean the wife? :(

Sponsored Links
Bra wires quite commonly puncture the sump hose when they go into it, on two occasions I have seen them puncture the actual outer tub.

Where did you get the wire out from,
Did you remove any pipes or the filter and are they back on correctly (grit in the filter threads are quite common)
The door boot can also get punctured by the wire.

If it only floods during the spin or drain then check the waste hose for damage, not fitted into the down pipe or on the spigot.

You could remove the rear plate and run the machine and see if you can see the rough area where water appears to be coming from then look closer once you have emptied the machine and try to follow the water runs back to source.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back