House from Hell - (clicking/tapping pipes)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please could anybody help me as I'm going out of my mind.!

Moved into this nightmare house in December 05 and had the old Gloworm boiler removed and a VALLIANT ECOMAX CONDENSING 828/2 E boiler installed last month.

Problems ever since! Main problems:-

1. The pipes upstairs, (15mm), making a clicking/tapping noise, (they run alongside an exterior wall), when the heating first come on. This noise is loud enough and lasts long enough to wake you up.

Have made sure that the pipes are secured but still have a bit of room to move & basically done eveything that it usually recommended but it still happens & the radiator that these pipes connect to is warm at the top but cold at the bottom ot if.

2. When any hot water is run in the bathroom it sends the pipes crazy and makes them click and clunk everywhere upstairs!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, can anybody suggest anything before I go and sleep in the back garden tonight. (I'm a girl by the way so pls dont baffle me if you can).

Sponsored Links
its a simple problem, whoever notchuout the rafters did do them big enough so when the pipes heat up they push the wood and this that you hear.

you can get round it by increase the size of the notch and wrap it with insulation

good done

rather exaggerated, if you call that the house from hell you should see wot others have to live with .
your lucky to have heating & hot water working .

when your cold tank boils bursts the ceiling and burns your husband to death ,,that is hell ,you live in luxury

I remember that :eek: .an old couple wasn`t it..........sad thing to happen. Anyone remember "The Legend of Hell House" :LOL: Haunted by a short arsed geezer who cut his legs off and made himself a giant.ballasteros or summat :LOL: 70`s horror flick

Sponsored Links
Lor wrote
when your cold tank boils bursts the ceiling and burns your husband to death

Haven't come across cold water burns yet.

Bob wrote
radiator that these pipes connect to is warm at the top but cold at the bottom

This usually indicates a sludge problem. Was system not flushed when boiler was replaced?

Nige F said:
I remember that :eek: .an old couple wasn`t it..........sad thing to happen. Anyone remember "The Legend of Hell House" :LOL: Haunted by a short a***d geezer who cut his legs off and made himself a giant.ballasteros or summat :LOL: 70`s horror flick

Was it one from the Hammer House of Horror stable.
I think i may have seen that one.
Did you ever see the "The Beast With Five Fingers" it was a hand that went around killing people.
Absolute ****e

jobloggs said:
Lor wrote
when your cold tank boils bursts the ceiling and burns your husband to death

Haven't come across cold water burns yet.

?
It became full of boiling water due to cowboy plumbing.......and distorted splling the water :eek: :mad:

No, missed that one :LOL: Surely should`ve been 4 fingers.and a thumb ;)

Nige F said:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Never thought of that. Doesn't sound quite write though does it.

I supose its just like a "five finger knuckle shuffle"...which as you quite correctly have pointed out is technically incorrect

Just checked it out and the beast with 5 fingers was out in 1946 :eek:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038338/

Nige F & lor

Sorry. Didn't read lor's post carefully enough first time round.

scatmanjohn said:
Nige F said:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Never thought of that. Doesn't sound quite write though does it.

I supose its just like a "five finger knuckle shuffle"...which as you quite correctly have pointed out is technically incorrect

Just checked it out and the beast with 5 fingers was out in 1946 :eek:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038338/
No :LOL: it`s just Five Knuckle Shuffle ;) Thanks for the film link..have saved it....It was the dis-membered hand of a Pianist tho ;) Maybe it was Russ Conway`s.there`s a tenuous link :LOL:

u seem to have sludge in your system and needs flushing, thats why your radiators are cold at the bottom.

It became full of boiling water due to cowboy plumbing.......and distorted splling the water :eek: :mad:
I think the root cause was the immersion heater's stat sticking closed, causing the water in the cylinder to boil then pitch into the cold tank, which was a plastic one that wasn't supported properly underneath :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back