Household water softener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a hard water area I'm looking for a household water softener for a 4 bed, 3 occupancy household. Doing the usual research on web and DIY sheds. Anyone got an opinion on make / manufacturers, good or bad.
Price isn't really a factor (I expect to pay anywhere between £300 and £700). Looking towards a 'metered' regeneration rather than a timed one which would probably be wasteful for 3 person household. Preferably a small unit to fit under kitchen sink.
Appreciate your experiences and / or advice.

Sponsored Links
We use Genus. Must say that we've never had one problem with the units themselves, and the guys are decent to deal with too. Next day free delivery. If you're diy then you'd have to go through us as they don't sell to the public. I don't believe I am allowed to post our website and details, but it's not hard to figure it out!

Thanks guys.
Scalgon, I'm looking for a unit with a max height of 50cm so Genus is out.
Kevplumb, I've emailed you.

Sponsored Links
Can't you cut away the base of the kitchen unit so that it drops through to sit on the floor?

Yes, but don't want to. I'm trying to keep the installation, fitting and removal (servicing etc) as simple as possible. Plus, Should I choose to take it with me when I move, I won't be leaving an unusable cupboard space and I know it will fit into the next standard size kitchen unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back