Housework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Who does the chores at your house?

I ask because something happened the other day that really amused me... I was out for the day and got a text message from Shaun: "My mum's coming round and I want to tidy up - where do we keep the hoover?" :eek: :LOL:

He moved in in November - and he didn't know where the hoover was kept!!!

It tickled me so much that I had a bit of a wind-up when I got in - I said "oh, the TV's a bit dusty, grab me the polish and I'll dust it..." Sure enough, I was met by a blank expression...

So it's fair to say I do all the housework at our place. Do you all share the duties, or not?

Sponsored Links
I hope you aint running around with the duster this time of the morning Ninebob :LOL:

im a really domesticated chappie, er indoors has got me well trained :)
I wash and iron my own and sons clothes, when im on the nightshift ( like now ) i cook the dinner most days and unlike Shaun i know which end the hoover sucks :LOL:

I suppose it goes back to the days when i used to flat/house share in the 70s in London, i didnt have mummy to do it.

I've done the batchelor thing often enough in the past and used to do all my own housework, washing, cooking etc. but I'm sorry to say that apart from cooking the odd meal my wife does all of it now even though I don't work full time.

I'm not as bad as my mate though, he doesn't know how to operate their washing machine and he never changed a nappy even though they have 2 kids!

Sponsored Links
Hubby does the hoovering, dishes, washing, garden.
I do the ironing.
I think we have the chorse equally divided (1 shirt to iron each week)

I live alone and am very organised. Everything has its place.

Somewhere on the floor.

I say it's 70:30 in my favour.

Mrs Secure agrees that it's 70:30.

But in her favour. :rolleyes:

hermes said:
I'm not as bad as my mate though, he doesn't know how to operate their washing machine and he never changed a nappy even though they have 2 kids!

Women should never marry a man who lives with his mum (or who has a large head, but that's a different story).

I cook and do household repairs/improvements - she does the rest. And she's damn lucky too! I think I'll go and get some oats now. Nighty night. ;)

I do all the housework, DIY and childcare etc (childcare weekdays that is, weekends are different) and Hubby earns the money. Not the most modern of arrangements but it works for us. :p

Sponsored Links
Back