How can ebay bidders be so stupid.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a look at this. if you are quick.

one day listing

really cheap price for a 32 inch LCD tv
weston union or bank transfer only
all feedback interlinked and with random letters and low feedbacks left at the same time
based in china so no protection by UK law

and people are bidding....
its people like this.. both buyers and sellers who give ebay a bad name...
would you buy a telly of a bloke on the street corner who looks just as dodgy?...
:?: :?: :rolleyes:

[url]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay.../search.dll?from=R40&satitle=5842559304&fvi=1[/url]

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
i find his feedback somewhat suspicious. all people have a feedback of 10 and most are no longer registered

Sponsored Links
the thing is; this shows ebay protection is useless. it obviously relys on reports from other ebayers to shut down sellers and auctions like this.
why?
why do they not vet sales as soon as possible... especially 1 days listings. if they only vetted the 1 day listings that would be a start
plus .. have you ever tryed reporting.. need to click about 5 links and then search for the word report.... why is there not just a 'report this item' link?

and 24-48 hours to action.. sorry too slow.. thats why they get away with it

andy said:
i find his feedback somewhat suspicious. all people have a feedback of 10 and most are no longer registered

You may find it somewhat suspicious, I find it to be complete b******t!

I've tried reporting scams to eBay before, and they don't really seem to care. Having said that, I find eBay excellent for what it was originally intended for - Collectables, records, Bric-A-Brac etc. but, a bit like Car Boot Sales, its these sales of dodgy new stuff that spoils it.

Mind you, people have their common sense over-ridden by greed, and they ae fair game for the scamsters

fair point johnny_t
i use ebay all the time to buy and sell, use my username on here and search on ebay for me.
usual house clearance stuff (no mods.. i'm not advertising)
but the greed seems to extend to ebay too.. if they wont protect their clients by helping you to report suspicious activity then i might go back to qxl,,, then again maybe not! :p

johnny_t said:
I've tried reporting scams to eBay before, and they don't really seem to care. Having said that, I find eBay excellent for what it was originally intended for - Collectables, records, Bric-A-Brac etc. but, a bit like Car Boot Sales, its these sales of dodgy new stuff that spoils it.

Mind you, people have their common sense over-ridden by greed, and they ae fair game for the scamsters

I won an auction for a motorbike on Ebay and had real trouble getting hold of the sellers.
As part of my attempts I reported them for not responding and having a false telephone number.

It all turned out OK in the end and I have the bike which is top notch, the sellers are still locked out tho' oops :oops:

I did email them to let them know but it was obviously the only item they wanted to sell and didnt bother getting it sorted.

dabaldie said:
fair point johnny_t
i use ebay all the time to buy and sell, use my username on here and search on ebay for me.
usual house clearance stuff (no mods.. i'm not advertising)
but the greed seems to extend to ebay too.. if they wont protect their clients by helping you to report suspicious activity then i might go back to qxl,,, then again maybe not! :p

Fancy conning that bloke out of his GTA..... ;)

grrr...
that was soo annoying , had perfect feedback until then and then i catch a scammer out and he ruins my reputation.. (sob)
i'd rather leave that neg feedback and show the real reasons than apply for a mutual withdraw, cos i think that even that looks suspicious.

he emailed we with the line.. ' i have posted your cheque, can you send me the game now please'..... hmm... ok.. NOT... but again, i'm sure some sellers out there might have done it and they wonder why it never turns up.

paypal has it;s uses... even if you have to pay for the privelege..

Tell me about it !! Check mine out - That woman's bloody watch was perfect - She's lucky I didn't drive over to Blackburn and punch her :evil: :evil:

i've got some taps for sale too if you want to cut a deal.. cash only mind ;)

Sponsored Links
Back