How can I get Grout off of my Marble floors???!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boyfriend grouted our Marble floors for the first time. Instead of wiping the grout up soon after you lay it down, he let it sit overnight. Our entire marble floor is covered with swirls of thin grout. We have been moping it with muriatic Acid and water but it doesn't seem to be coming up. Tonight I'm going to try scrubbing it with a brush along with the acid and water. Is there any product out there that is specifically to get grout up or does it have to be done manually like that way I'm doing it? :cry:

Sponsored Links
I'm more than a little concerned that you're using acid to clean marble.

If you don't believe me have a look at this http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infxtra/infmur.shtm

I would clout your boyfriend round the head and set him to work with nylon scourers and plenty of water. It'll only take him a week or so and the lesson will have been well and truly learned by then.

If you continue as you are you might ruin the finish on the marble.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back