My tiler left me with this. How do i get it off ? pics

It's virtually impossible to put that sort of tile up without that happening. Most people fix them that way by design (especially travertine tiles). If you don't like that look you should have gone for a different choice.

Perhaps it was my mistake then.......
Hi there Mr Tile seller.
I'm looking for some tiles for my kitchen, do you have any for sale. I'm looking for some that will have a textured effect that will cause the grout to stick into every nook and cranny and make them look an expensive mess. Do you have any at all ?
Yes, try these ones. Not many people can think that far ahead when buying tiles, you have really thought that one out Mr Customer.

Sponsored Links
just a quick quesion about the tiling? did you pay the guy already?

The tiler applied a coat of something and removed a light layer prior to this picture, He then applied another at 6pm, told me to wait an hour then wash it off with warm water, then asked for his cash.

It is mostly done now, took me 2 days and 3 tubs of elbow grease,
I have now sealed them all in and once i silicon the worktop run i'll take some pics to show the final result and to show the advice given is invaluable at times.

just a quick quesion about the tiling? did you pay the guy already?

The tiler applied a coat of something and removed a light layer prior to this picture, He then applied another at 6pm, told me to wait an hour then wash it off with warm water, then asked for his cash.

It is mostly done now, took me 2 days and 3 tubs of elbow grease,
I have now sealed them all in and once i silicon the worktop run i'll take some pics to show the final result and to show the advice given is invaluable at times.

reason i was asking was i had another look at the pics earlier and noticed how crooked they were, im guessing they are very expensive hand made tiles thats why he couldnt get them that straight :eek:

Yes, thats another thing.
Not quite in line are they ???
Noticed it on day one and when i asked him he said he had ran out of spacers.
I spent a few evenings trying to straighten some before the adhesive went off.
To be honest i had given up at this point and just wanted the thing finishing.The whole kitchen has taken 13 weeks to do from start to finish and by this time i was so fed up with it i just wanted some kind of closure.
Should have done em myself but due to wortk commitments i just couldn't find the time.
Hindsight is a great thing.

Sponsored Links
get him back and tell him to do it. thats poor workmanship to me and id withold payment til its sorted (thats if youve paid him yet) ;)

Yes, thats another thing.
Not quite in line are they ???
Noticed it on day one and when i asked him he said he had ran out of spacers.
I spent a few evenings trying to straighten some before the adhesive went off.
To be honest i had given up at this point and just wanted the thing finishing.The whole kitchen has taken 13 weeks to do from start to finish and by this time i was so fed up with it i just wanted some kind of closure.
Should have done em myself but due to wortk commitments i just couldn't find the time.
Hindsight is a great thing.

:eek: :eek: run out of spacers!!!! omg thats a good one!!!

Well, Thanks for all the advice guys n gal's.
Finally managed to get them up to an accetable level and as promised, few spots of grout i couldn't get out but all in all it's 100% better.
Here's the pix...

Again, thanks for all the advice.

of=50,590,441

of=50,590,441

Well, Thanks for all the advice guys n gal's.
Finally managed to get them up to an accetable level and as promised, few spots of grout i couldn't get out but all in all it's 100% better.
Here's the pix...

Again, thanks for all the advice.

of=50,590,441

of=50,590,441

good work fella! go get a beer or 3! :D

well done.

i thought they were supposed to be covered in grout and virtually impossible to clean off :rolleyes:

its called sloppy workmanship :evil:

no offense but those tiles are ghastly, and the crooked one beside the socket would drive me around the twist

No offence taken, when viewed in situ and within the realm of the kitchen they are quite nice really.
Who are we to argue with the other species ??
They'll be off in 2 years i bet...
The crooked one does bug me but it's out of sight as the units above and the tall larder to its left make it discreetly invisible.
Lesson learnt, If in doubt- do it yourself and do it slowly......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back