How can i make my door so that it can not be slammed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, we have a double glass door in our living room, it's a heavy one (fire door) we only use on of the doors, but the kids (and other little ones that come over) tend to slam it as it's heavy and we are worried about there fingers.

Is there any thing available like a soft closer for it?

Similar door:
internal-double-doors.jpg

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Put a door closer/restrainer onto it. Just Google "door closers", and you'll see what i mean. A slamming door can be very dangerous as you say, especially jamming fingers, ( whether kids or adults),, even cutting fingers off in some cases!!! Ouch!

Mothercare etc do a clip on plastic U shape that prevents doors being slammed, had to purchase when we got the foster kids and the only toys they had been used too were door 'swings'.Need to be removed at night etc. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guyz! Sorry for the late reply!

I ahve one of those Perko door closures (bought it years ago and never used it) will this be the same as the door closers mentioned that you find in the work place - wife will not be to happy with one of those in the living room! LOL

Also i forgot to mention these have the self close hinges, but i took the pins out as they were death traps for the kids, can these be reversed somehow, so instead of closing the doors fast give a sort or resistance??? I doubt it but worth an ask :)

Thanks again

Even door closers can trap fingers, thats why I suggested the rubber clip option.

If you fit a Perko, you will remove it soon after you first bang your nose or forehead on the door edge

The typical child safety devices just stop the door from closing.

Google for " door dictator "

Cheers, easy method, cost effective and it's not forever!

Thanks again!

Cheers, easy method, cost effective and it's not forever!

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back