How can I remove this door handle??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how I can remove this door handle?

i have tried taking out the screw in the actual handle but that doesn’t work.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 0B615369-909E-4180-8F80-C7E1EA240EE8.jpeg
    0B615369-909E-4180-8F80-C7E1EA240EE8.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 290
Sponsored Links
That circular plate might be hiding screws, try to prise it apart form the handle.

Blup

Plate may unscrew then you need to loosen grub screw in handle ( Allen key)

Sponsored Links
Looks as if there may be a dimple in the ring to help unscrew it? You could try warming it with a hair dryer to see if it may help or possibly try wd40 (yes I know).

The square spindle is possibly one of those soft metal or split ones which can spread or deform when the grub screw is fully tightened. Remove the grub screws on both handles completely, wrap one of the handles in some rag, place a smooth timber offcut on the door and gently pry off with a 15 to 18in pry bar. It should pull off quite easily.

The rose around the handle has a dimple in it so it may be the type which unscrews (anti clockwise) it it might be possible to just pop it off with a flat screwdriver. That should get you to the screws hidden beneath it

Rose Dimple.jpg

The rose around the handle has a dimple in it so it may be the type which unscrews (anti clockwise)

a Boa rubber strap wrench, if you can't do it by hand wearing rubber gloves.

boa2.jpg

try some others in the house to get the hang of how they work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back