How do I emulsion this boxed in bit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to decorate the kitchen and I wanted to do the window wall in a different colour to the rest of the walls. Only problem is there is this big boxed in bit in the corner and I'm not sure how to emulsion it - as in does it get included in the contrast colour of the window wall, or the same colour as the other wall (if you get my drift)

View media item 24648
View media item 24649
Any suggestions gratefully received/

Sponsored Links
A matter of personal preference, really.

I suppose you should stand at the doorway, and observe which wall 'blends' with the boxing.

Or you could do the boxing in the lighter colour to make it look less obtrusive.

You could paint the sides separate colours, and draw a diagonal line on the bottom, and paint the two halves separate colours.

You could paint the boxing white.

I am about to decorate the kitchen and I wanted to do the window wall in a different colour to the rest of the walls. Only problem is there is this big boxed in bit in the corner and I'm not sure how to emulsion it - as in does it get included in the contrast colour of the window wall, or the same colour as the other wall (if you get my drift)

View media item 24648
View media item 24649
Any suggestions gratefully received/

If your "feature" wall will be a darker, bolder colour than the other wall, then I would paint the boxing in with the other, less dramatic wall. Alternatively, painting the boxing in with the ceiling might work, though that wouldn't be my first option. or put it another way - if you're not sure, paint it first in the colour that will be easiest to paint out if it looks wrong ;)

You want the boxing to blend in as much as possible, and not stick out like a sore thumb.

Honestly, these sticky out kinds of thing are the bane of decorating.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
Tell me about it! :LOL:

If I'm standing at the door, then I'd say the boxed bit should be included in the feature wall, but if you're in the kitchen (ie standing under the extractor fan having a fag!!!!) and look up, then it should be included in the lighter wall.

Maybe I should just pick a different wall to make a feature wall!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back