How do I increase my water pressure

These units do not pump the mains, they incorparate a break tank

Sponsored Links
just refering to tonybhoys post, still cant work out how to outline a quote yet.

Bacteria don’t care about the size of the gap. Contrary to most people (users) I am not too worried about a bit of dust at the bottom of a tank.
As this sort of tanks tend to be in nonventilated places that get pretty hot in summer, bacteria numbers go off the scale in summer.

Does it not seem a simple solution to take a drinking water point off before the break tank to supply the kitchen tap, the rest of the bathrooms hot and cold can be boosted, no different to a tank in the loft, which has served this country for many years.

Exactly my point, they are disgusting.

you can pump the main up to 12l min above this you need water board approval examples of direct boosting can be found in BS6700 appendix C

Sponsored Links
The fact that you can buy one that is technically suitable to boost the mains does not mean it is legal to fit one in the mains.

I wonder what the situation is with tall buildings though.

I didn't get too deep with the guy but I know one thing if it wasn't legal he wouldn't sell it.

They are a well respected company but in any event if I was going down the pump road vis the mains I would have taken advice and or checked with the WB in my area.

I am sure what reputable firms sell is legal, I have my doubts as to how a lot is installed.
A bit along the lines of: it is perfectly legal for a supplier to sell a boiler to my granny, I wouldn’t like her to fit it though.
:D

I am sure what reputable firms sell is legal, I have my doubts as to how a lot is installed.
A bit along the lines of: it is perfectly legal for a supplier to sell a boiler to my granny, I wouldn’t like her to fit it though.
:D

Doubt there was anyway they would sell a pump to pump the mains if this wasn't legal,particularly in their own backyard so to speak.

They only deal with the trade and industrial type of stuff.

General public wouldn't even know what they did,they are very specialized.

Thanks for the responses to this - its good to see forum with some intelligent conversation going on :)

I spoke to the WB and they were unhelpful. According to their view I should be getting around 3.5B at the end point and unless I had some evidence to prove otherwise they would not look into it.

Interesting point though - the difference between pressure and flow. Water drop due to 2 taps being opened I thought might have been a pressure issue, but reading this it could be flow.

So any recommendations on what tools/gauges I can use to measure pressure and flow? I did some searches but couldnt work out what tool could be used.

Water pressure can be measured with……………. Here it comes, hold on, a pressure gauge. :D
Flow can be measured with a bucket and stop watch. One problem though, if it is not as high as you want or expect, the bottle neck could be anywhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back