How do I keep the house warm!

Sponsored Links
Thank you mbga9pgf I have read the link.
While I understand you are correct, I still dont see how this is achievable in a naturaly ventilated modern house without opening a suitably large window in the winter. And who does that? My girlfriends Velux windows upstairs dont even have trickle vents.

would i be right in guessing this is an open plan house with no doors to stop the heat escaping up stairs ???

My girlfriends Velux windows upstairs dont even have trickle vents.
They ought to be capable of providing background ventilation. In the case of roof windows this is usually achieved by pivoting the securing bar back halfway - this opens up a filtered vent without opening/unlatching the window.

Mathew

Sponsored Links
My girlfriends Velux windows upstairs dont even have trickle vents.
They ought to be capable of providing background ventilation. In the case of roof windows this is usually achieved by pivoting the securing bar back halfway - this opens up a filtered vent without opening/unlatching the window.

Mathew
Never noticed that in 7 years, Must check :oops:

Never noticed that in 7 years, Must check
I tried to find a photo to illustrate it better but this is the best I could do:

GTL-MOS3.jpg

Basically, pull the bar down as if you were going to open it but stop at the first rest point i.e. not quite far enough to unlatch it before opening.

Mathew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back