How do I paint the 15 foot walls in my stairwell ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Professional painters want $800 to paint the stairwell. I want to try to do it myself. Need some advice.

Sponsored Links
You could try using a paintstick and hire scaffolding, but i think this would probably work out just as expensive i'm afraid

roller on a long extendable pole. step ladders at the bottom of the stairs and a scaffold board rested nice and securley from the stairs to the ladders will do the trick

Or deepending on the layout of the stairwell you can also put a pair of steps over the side of the upper landing so it rests between the spindles on the langing (if you have one)

Once you have cut it in take away all of the access equipment and use a roller on an extension pole.

Sponsored Links
It is not easy, but I the last time I did the job, I papered not painted.
I used a ladder, small pair of steps and a plank. The most important thing is to keep the plank clean, so that you do not slip on it. Trainers are ideal to wear for the job.
Painting should be much easier. Paint pads can be useful for this job, upi can usually put a stick in one end, then the pad can be used for the cutting in.

Good luck

dONT FORGET IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE A PLANK AND THE SPAN IS MORE THAN ABOUT7/8 FEET....USE TWO TO AVOID SPRINGING AND POSSIBLY SNAPPING.....

Damn caps lock key!

sandwell i wouldnt recommend wearing trainers for any type of job apart from the 100m.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back