How do I pull off the sensor clip from MAP sensor on my BMW?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m trying to replace the MAP sensor, taken a pic of it. It’s so easy to swap for a new one as it’s on the front of the inlet manifold and just needs one nut out and then pulled out. But the dayumm sensor clip is not coming off. I pulled that grey tab backwards and it clicked in to that position, but I still can’t pull it off, tried some gentle prying too but didn’t work. Is there something very obvious I’m not doing? I’ve taken a pic of it.

Attachments

• 20CED0A6-DA22-4391-B190-B0B53AE2664E.jpeg
    20CED0A6-DA22-4391-B190-B0B53AE2664E.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 1,288
Sponsored Links
Does that part of the grey clip push down or lift up and then you give it a little wiggle/pull?

36E171DC-1D7A-44A2-AFC6-A9BC674914FF.jpeg

Thanks for the reply, it could be, because I’ve had a look at the new sensor and it does have a prong type of thing in that area. Just don’t want to break anything as these clips are notorious for tgat

Sponsored Links
Just tried that, still not budging, there is a tiny bit of back and forth movement between clip and sensor but that’s about it

Make sure the replacement MAF is a genuine Bosch, there are a lot of rubbish compatible ones and even Bosch replicas - which don't provide correct values and you pay for it in extra fuel.

What

So, was i right?

unfortunately not, but really appreciated your input :)

It’s in that link I posted:

Pull out the gray clip on top, it moves about 1/4" and clicks. Then slide a thin flathead into the lower section of the slot on the rear upper (right side of picture). There is flap you have to gently press UP to release the catch. It took me a few tries, in the end I got it by pushing the connector in (back towards the firewall) and then pulled it off. Like the catch has a little hook.

unfortunately not, but really appreciated your input :)
Damn! I thought I’d got something right for once. I’m in the motor trade and I am a brute with no patience when it comes to wiring or panel clips!

Sponsored Links
Back