How do I reset a Scantronic Burglar Alarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me If there is a way of resetting my alarm. It was triggered by the livingroom PIR by the cat. The key pad has shut itself off and I cannot seem to enter any codes. Do I need enter the main panel? It is a fairly old system going back to at least 1995.

Sponsored Links
scantronic what? (they have mumbers) or describe it or better still a pic,
how to post a pic info is in forum information

Thanks for the reply. As far as I can make out from the installation manual it is a 9100. The I think it goes back to the late 1980's.

91, lovely panel ( for its day)

you mean
91.jpg

oh wonder why its still in a bag?

serial.jpg

yes its genuine, wonder if scantronic want it back?

anyway, as you have had it for so long, i presume you have changed nothing? (neither has anyone else?)

in which case as its not working, is the mains led on? how old is its battery? needs changing every 5 years max

check its fuses

what exactly happened?

Sponsored Links
my guess? - alarm went off, you couldn`t stop it so turned mains off

The photo you attach is the very alarm panel I have! I do have a single green light on yes, just indicating power to the panel, but the buttons are not beeping when I press them. The panel keeps sounding off whenever the entry door is opened. As I say any views on how to reet the alarm would be great. I have had no problems at all with the alarm since this false activation so I am reluctant to change it.

I would guess the battery is on its way out.

any way, try this

down power it, mains and battery

re power it battery first then mains

(if nothing happens when you put battery back, battery has had it

Nothing wrong with battery Breezer. Don't tell me this this one has beaten you?

did you down power / re power it?

(also try 1234, when re powered)

Nothing wrong with battery Breezer. Don't tell me this this one has beaten you?

power it all down, wait 30secs then power it up MAINS only with the AUX and BELL disconected, if it doesn`t boot up you`ll need to do a complete power cycle involving the removal of the IC memory chip.

that is good for the 98 and 96, nothing wrong with trying it though

no it isnt, it does say that for the 96 and 98.

lets agree to dissagree, although it may be mains first not battery on the scantronic

no it isnt, it does say that for the 96 and 98.

lets agree to dissagree, although it may be mains first not battery on the scantronic

explain how it isnt - that is the correct way to power cycle ANY control panel

because the "out rush" of current being drawn by anything connected to the + - supply can cause the panel not to work, the transformer can not always cope, that is why you connect the battery first.

I will also admit that on some panels this does not work, because if the battey voltage fallls below 10v the panel cuts it off, so connecting a battery first does not work, but its only some, not all panels

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back