How do I stop external bell sounding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a new control panel on my alarm system. I want to remove the old panel which is a OPTIMA XL6.
I had removed the battery to do the pre-install test of the new alarm.
I started the removal of the Optima panel by turning off the power which caused the outside bell to sound because the battery had been removed.
So I switched the power back on to input the user code and stop the bell sounding
I then removed the outside bell connections.Bell+ and Bell- (or terminals D and B). This caused the outside bell to sound. I mistakenly thought that this would remove the signal to the bell
I presume therefore that the outside bell must have it own power (battery) to still sound when there is no power. I also see from the schematic in the Optima instructions that the terminals SCB (or terminals T and A) are also connected to the outside bell.
Which wires do I need to remove (or join together) to stop the bell sounding so that I can completely remove the Optima panel.
I am hoping that I do not have to get up to the box on the outside wall because even if I borrowed some ladders long enough to get to it I could not climb to that height. Please tell me I can do it from inside.
Thanks. Jim

Sponsored Links
easiest way connect the panel battery to sab supply + - thgen stand battery on a shelf :)

Apologies for not posting reply till now but thanks to Breezer for info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back