How do you fit a flush pipe connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a new flush pipe and a internal flush pipe connector and i was wondering how do you fit them as if i fit the connector first the pipe is to long so it would need cutting. Or do i fit the connector to the pipe first and then push the connector in to the toilet. Once the pipe and connector is fitted how far should the pipe go through the connector and in to the toilet.

Sponsored Links
Mark and cut the flush pipe so that it will fit in the pan and syphon (making sure you allow enough pipe so it sits all the way in the pan and all the way up the syphon thread).

I find it easier just to push the pipe all the way into the pan first, then untighten the cistern screws so you can move the cistern away from the wall to get the flushpipe into the syphon.

Tighten up, then job done :)

PS I find the rubber flush cones 10 times better than the PVC ones when it comes to longevity. Also, I find it easier to put the flush cone around the pipe (with about 2 inches of pipe exposed) then push that into the pan. If it's turning into a nightmare getting it in, it's also possible to put the flushcone in first, then shamfer the end of the pipe, cover in washing up liquid, and slide it in, so to speak ! :rolleyes: ;) :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back