How does my Central Heating System work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved in the last few weeks and the previous owners failed to leave any instruction manuals for the central heating system. We have no idea how to get the most out of the system both hot water and heating. We have a MegaFlow water cylinder, a GloWorm Micron boiler and control panel. The control panel allows us to turn the Central Heating and hot water either "ON", "OFF", "AUTO" or "ALLDAY" respectively. As well as program for certain times. It also has "1 HOUR" buttons to turn on the water and heating for one hour at a time.

We don't what type of boiler we have i.e. whether it's a combination or not etc or how to use this control panel properly. Playing with the control panel we can only get either hot water or the heating on at any one time.

Does this system ring any bells with anyone? Coming up to winter i need the heating and water on at the same time.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back