United Kingdom
How long would you expect a team of two fitters to fit:
a bay window of 4 units
6 no. 2.4m by 1.2m windows
1 1m square window
a high level landing light 2m x 300mm
a 2m x 1m kitchen window
and a front door and back door.

involves removing old sash frames and aluminium units that are in place.

guys said 3 days!
surely not!

Sponsored Links
Sounds reasonable enough...2 mens wages for 3 days, but get a firm price. It's a fair price to me, removal of old, installation of new, make good and removal of rubbish fro site...what you have to ask yourself is how long would it take you (in man hours)and if you would take longer and yet you earn more per hour thatn a window fitter then it's a fair price to pay....or you could try it yourself, it's only fitting a square peg in a square hole! I did 19 windows myself in my home, only 3 have water ingress (see water ingress post) so not a bad success rate....and you'll have a feeling of acheivement every time you look out of your windows.

Normally you recon on 5 items/day so 3 days is right, though if they are rendered or box sash or removal of window boards etc may take a bit longer

Sponsored Links
Hi

Without seeing whats involved 3 days seems optimistic i would have thought 4-5 days would be more realistic.

I have seen fitters put more in 1 day, never heard any drills or seen any spirit levels though (bish bosh):(

A lot of fitters seem more interested in making money than doing a good job :eek:

I have seen plenty of jobs look fine from outside but problems materialize
weeks,months even years later.

Good Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back