How much should I pay ?

I suggest you don't get aerial points fitted by a sparks. They know very little about aerials and no doubt you will end up with unscreened outlets and grotty cable.

Sponsored Links
What quality fittings are included, can have a major bearing on cost, I would be searching for a non vat registered sparky too, but TBH it sounds a realistic price to me

White spotlights, all boxes/switches flush fit

All switches standard matt white

Sponsored Links
I suggest you don't get aerial points fitted by a sparks. They know very little about aerials and no doubt you will end up with unscreened outlets and grotty cable.

Having a separate AV bloke do it will increase the odds of me getting shafted as most people in this country don't want to leave the van for less than £100.. My sparks done two already and they look the part.. he uses black cable on a reel .. admittedly not used it yet as there's no telly

After the first post I was thinking about £3500 all in, but then I read there is a downstairs flat if you want that doing as well I will put another £1000 on. The price keeps going up though as now you mention flush face plates, am I going to have to rebate the back boxes deeper (35mm normally req'd) if so then that's an extra £10 - £15 per point depending on the wall construction, that's 31 points = £310 - £465. Oh and not forgetting the new CU that I would estimate at £350 so excluding the flat then a minimum of £4160 all in.

Shop around if I were you but given the info you have I think you are getting a good deal, as long as the spark is registered and competent and does not drive a car originating in Eastern Europe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back