How much should this cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting wildly different quotes on taking out three taps and replacing with the one I've bought.
As a ballpark figure what would be a reasonable cost?
The taps are here. The tap under the kitchen sinks looks probalmatic though

Attachments

• DSC_1308.JPG
    DSC_1308.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_1307.JPG
    DSC_1307.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_1304.JPG
    DSC_1304.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That appliance waste hose (grey) under the kitchen sink should be trapped too, otherwise you could get smells. I don’t know why the effort was made for that makeshift connection when an appliance trap is there! (unless it came afterwards of course).

Well, unless your Plumber lives next door they'll need a vehicle to get to you, which also needs fuel, tax, insurance on top of the purchase price. They also need insurance just in case something goes horribly wrong. They need the tools to do the work with, and any fittings required to overcome any differences in the connections. Also the knowledge on how to do the job, especially when they find the water wont turn off...

You cannot put a price on experience, to change 4 taps, (and sink taps are usually a beggar to get to), I wouldn't expect to pay less than £200 and that's probably cheap. I'd snatch their hand off at either price.

That appliance waste hose (grey) under the kitchen sink should be trapped too, otherwise you could get smells.
No smells cing from the hose.
I've got a lot of work needs sorting out so want to keep costs dow

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Well, unless your Plumber lives next door they'll need a vehicle to get to you, which also needs fuel, tax, insurance on top of the purchase price. They also need insurance just in case something goes horribly wrong. They need the tools to do the work with, and any fittings required to overcome any differences in the connections. Also the knowledge on how to do the job, especially when they find the water wont turn off...

You cannot put a price on experience, to change 4 taps, (and sink taps are usually a beggar to get to), I wouldn't expect to pay less than £200 and that's probably cheap. I'd snatch their hand off at either price.
These are local plumbers. Walking distance although I get your drift

So your mate is a plumber, fitting your new taps and you want to know how long it will take?

Ask him!

Or are you a plumber trying to work out how much to charge a customer??

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back