How muich to replace bathroom suite?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm having a new bathroom suite fitted - like for like take out and replace new. It will be sealed, but don't think there will be much in the way of tampering with existing pipework etc.

How much will this cost to do? I've seen people advertise like for like changes for as little as £195 - are there any catches with this?

Also, how long should it take a decent plumber - will they be able to do it in one day?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
One in one out, pretty straightforward as far as the customer can tell but it`s never as straightforward as the customer thinks, so advertising a set price for a job the plumber has never seen is really only a ploy to get him into your house and then give you hopefully a fair price after surveying your particular bathroom. It`s not dishonest it`s just advertising. :D

I've been looking for quotes myself as i'm recently started out as a plumber and want to know what i can charge. I called up a couple of places and they quoted me £560 plus vat to remove and install like for like. I dont know if they meant that included the bathroom, or if it was just the labour.

But £200 like for like seems a bit low. Unless its a polish cowboy.

Sponsored Links
But £200 like for like seems a bit low. Unless its a polish cowboy.

It depends on what part of the country you are in.

Up your way so called plumbers are fitting them for less and one particular agency up there only today has advertised for plumbers ( fully qualified, references required ) on a three month contract, to fit suites for £10 per hour and you must install at least one per day! Work that one out. That`s an 8 hour day by the way.

Up your way so called plumbers are fitting them for less and one particular agency up there only today has advertised for plumbers ( fully qualified, references required ) on a three month contract, to fit suites for £10 per hour and you must install at least one per day! Work that one out. That`s an 8 hour day by the way.

Have you got their number? ;)

So how long will it take, assuming there's no additional work?

8.30am yesterday phone call.

CALLER:- Hi, could you quote me for fitting a new bathroom suite?.

ME:- Yes I can, do you want to see brochures for idea's.

CALLER:- No, Ive ordered the suite.

ME:- Ho, Ok. Is it like for like, I mean going in in the same place.

CALLER:- Erm yes I think so!!!!!!!.

ME:- OK, my standard rate is 350.

CALLER:- If I was to pay cash how much?.

ME:- Are now for cash, I would be quoting 350.

CALLER:- OK, I'll let you know.

Obviously got a suite from the big shed :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

350 is a good going rate for a skilled man, or you can pay 200 for the bloke round the corner who does it on his day off from the fire service.

350 is a good going rate for a skilled man, or you can pay 200 for the bloke round the corner who does it on his day off from the fire service.

OI TAKE THAT BACK! I'm plumbing at the moment part time as can't afford to risk quitting my day job. Got my city and guilds and NVQ level to!

So your a part time plumber? Don't you know we all earn 100k a year?!

Your other job must be an MP or a banker in the city then.

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back