How often has your boiler broken down?

Sponsored Links
Yes, of course, it's an Ideal. Unfortunately, the last four breakdowns have been inexpensive parts, so can't warrant a new one.

Yes, of course, it's an Ideal. Unfortunately, the last four breakdowns have been inexpensive parts, so can't warrant a new one.

Ideal make the worst boilers and the designs are littered with basic engineering flaws. what model do you have?

It would be wise to change it for a Vaillant, worcester bosch or best of all an atag.

Your pouring your money down the drain fixing an Ideal, search this forum for evidence.

Sponsored Links
Grannies Ideal Isar just under a year old had the divertor valve replaced, it was installed on a brand new system with new radiators, pipes etc, chemical cleaned and inhibited with Sentinel X100. Problem is they didn't have a choice on what boiler they wanted as it was fitted by the housing association.

Grannies Ideal Isar just under a year old had the divertor valve replaced, it was installed on a brand new system with new radiators, pipes etc, chemical cleaned and inhibited with Sentinel X100. Problem is they didn't have a choice on what boiler they wanted as it was fitted by the housing association.

well looks like grannys gonna get to know a few local heating engineers on a first name basis. :cry:

Would a boiler manufacturer who put out boilers that the faulty seals melted and went on fire and put peoples lives at risk be classed as not even getting basic engineering right. OR is that just an error

Would a boiler manufacturer who put out boilers that the faulty seals melted and went on fire and put peoples lives at risk be classed as not even getting basic engineering right. OR is that just an error

depends on your point of view I suppose. . .

I know which I'd rather have.

i thought it was a simple question with a yes or no answer is it a basic engineering fault or did someone forget boilers get hot

well looks like grannys gonna get to know a few local heating engineers on a first name basis. :cry:

The kind of good thing is that it get's fixed for free even when it's out of guarantee.

What got me pi**ed off was when the fitter told my Grandad that you can't get a boiler better than an Ideal nowadays.

I would be less concerned about a design fault provided the fault was put right and subsequent boilers made with the improvements... Ideal seem to make a career of making crummy boilers and then not fixing the flaws... Did anyone think that there could have been a worse boiler than the Response?

i thought it was a simple question with a yes or no answer is it a basic engineering fault or did someone forget boilers get hot

a basic fault by the seal supplier which said company failed to notice; all sorted now mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back