How often has your boiler broken down?

Originally a Baxi HE plus boiler was going to be installed but these proved to be unreliable in a few other homes so they started fitting Ideals from that month.

Sponsored Links
Originally a Baxi HE plus boiler was going to be installed but these proved to be unreliable in a few other homes so they started fitting Ideals from that month.

wow what a kick in the nuts for baxi :D sorry we're replacing your unreliable junk with the better quality ideals :D :D

I'm with the grouch on this one, all manufacturers get things wrong even the so called best. Its how they deal with it that count. Only have to compare the ecotec now to 4 years ago and quite a few changes gone in there. I recokon late 09 ecotecs will be one of most reliable boilers on the market.

Surely a company that has been in the combi business for 35 years and claims to be th best should be getting it right first time everytime not 4 years down the line with several redesigns

Sponsored Links
Surely a company that has been in the combi business for 35 years and claims to be th best should be getting it right first time everytime not 4 years down the line with several redesigns

And of course you are right... Sadly however it no longer happens this way. No matter what you buy these days it will have been under developed and relies on the customer to field test early products... I have no doubt that if Ideal had bothered to improve or correct problems on their early Isars, then we would now be saying that despite problems with early models, this model is now a really good boiler.... But they didn't and it aint.

Just done a combi swap for my brother in law... Ripped out a response 120 and replaced it with an Ecotec 831.... They've done away with that silly rubber pipe too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back