how should these work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DSC01275.jpg
[/img]
DSC01276.jpg

Hi, sorry about the pic sizes. my rads are getting hot when heating is off but hw is on, from prev topics i think the valve is faulty.
It only started playing up after a week of being off whilst on holiday.
if only the hw is on, should the red pump run?
when the ch comes on with the room stat, the black lever on the valve moves to the center position.when it switches off, should the lever move back to the left straight away?

thanks for any info?

jingle68[/img]

Sponsored Links
if only the hw is on, should the red pump run?
Yes, because you have a "fully pumped" system.

when the ch comes on with the room stat, the black lever on the valve moves to the center position.when it switches off, should the lever move back to the left straight away?
Yes.

Take the plastic head off the valve and look at the spindle driving part wile you switch things on and off. ALso try to move brass spindle, to see whcih if either is stiff/not working.

Its not the fault but you seem to have your pump on setting III.

It should run just as well and quieter on setting II and use less power.

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replies, i took the cap off & switched the room stat until it switched, the gear/cog started turning straight away.
What i forgot to say is when it first played up, the black lever was stuck in the middle position when the heating was off. this was when all the rads heated up with only the hw on.
I took the cap off & had to almost force the black lever backwards & forwards until it free'd up. Now when only the hw is on,just the upstairs rads heat up, could this mean that the valve is staying very slightly open?
If so could i have moved the black lever on its spindle when freeing it off so when it is all the way to the left it isnt allowing the valve to close fully?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back