How to attach a timer for LED Lights ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Is there a way to attach a timer for battery powered-led fairy lights as a diy?
(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIMER-FAI...00M-CHRISTMAS-OUTDOOR-INDOOR-UK-/271994503063

I am talking about the timer which comes with the battery switch for some led fairy lights which keeps the lights on for 6 hours and then off for the next 18.
Is it something I can buy anywhere ...just so I can fit them to some battery powered led lights?

Online search did not help me. Can anyone help? :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
What kind of lights do you have? Voltage? Same as link or led strips? Do you want them to come on at night and off in the morning? Internal or external use?

@flameport I was hoping for more info so that there may be a way to wire a lux sensor in series if OP has the lights already. But is does depend on what they want to achieve and what they have already.

I'm only assuming the timing thing is for night use but I could be wrong. I'm assuming it would be external because you would turn internals off as you do lights when you go to bed.

More info needed from the OP

Sponsored Links
@flameport I was hoping for more info so that there may be a way to wire a lux sensor in series if OP has the lights already. But is does depend on what they want to achieve and what they have already.

I'm only assuming the timing thing is for night use but I could be wrong. I'm assuming it would be external because you would turn internals off as you do lights when you go to bed.

More info needed from the OP

Hi

Thanks for that. You are right...it is to make them work only at night. I use warm white lights to light up the back of canvas prints of paintings!

So, it has to be battery operated led lights which switch off late at night by themselves. The ones I have use din the past have had 2 or 3 AA batteries to make them work.

But I need the flexibility to change the timer for certain lights. I am told I cannot cut off the led lights from one set up and use the battery with timer on another similar led strip like you could do with simple fairy lights with bulbs.

Thanks

I am told I cannot cut off the led lights from one set up and use the battery with timer on another similar led strip
You can, however those LED lights can be wired in several different ways, so some effort is required to ensure the replacement LEDs are connected in the same way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back