LED Light switch timer

I needed to fit a 6μF capacitor in this situation a few months ago, the value was as specified by the manufacturer. No more flashing lights. The circuit did have quite a number of lights and timer switches though.

Sponsored Links
I needed to fit a 6μF capacitor in this situation a few months ago, the value was as specified by the manufacturer. No more flashing lights. IThe circuit did have quite a number of lights and timer switches though.
Interesting. If I've done my sums right, in terms of current (at 230V) a 6μF capacitor is roughly equivalent to a 100W 230V incandescent lamp/bulb.

Kind Regards, John

..our sister Girls' school around the corner as "a den of temptation"!
Now in that I'm sure he was completely correct.
Possibly - and it will not surprise you to know that he regarded mixed-sex schools as "the work of the devil". He actually made a great fuss of getting up and walking out of a school Drama Soc's production of Macbeth when he realised that Lady Macbeth was being played by "a real girl" (information he had been 'spared' throughout all the preparation and rehearsal!)!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
He might well have been a misogynist homosexual.

PS - "Possibly"? For spotty containers of raging hormones aged 11-18, I doubt there's much doubt. :mrgreen:

It used to be said that Englishmen of the more prosperous classes were noted for their fondness for flagellation and homosexuality, which was blamed on the practice of packing them off to traditional single-sex boarding schools.

I have no idea how accurate this was. It never did Max Mosely any harm.

It used to be said that Englishmen of the more prosperous classes were noted for their fondness for flagellation and homosexuality, which was blamed on the practice of packing them off to traditional single-sex boarding schools.
It sounds to me like a 'chicken and egg' scenario, to which I don't know the answer. Those single-sex boarding schools to which people were packed off may well have been the cause of the interest in flagellation and homosexuality (and a number of other things :) ), then perpetuated into further generations who were similarly 'packed off'.

I must say that one only really seems to hear about this in relation to male single-sex schools - I don't know if there was an widespread female equivalent (certainly a lot of hockey players at Roedean :) ).

Kind Regards, John

I don't know if there was an widespread female equivalent (certainly a lot of hockey players at Roedean :) ).
I can see no good coming from any speculation about homosexual behaviour in girls' boarding schools.... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back