how to attach ground wire - turkish wall lamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wife bought a few of these turkish wall lamps. Been looking at how to mount them

Going to use screws with a washer to hold the lamp to the wall. As typical with turkish stuff, no ground wire.
There really is no place to put in a screw anywhere so I was thinking of using a loop with crimp (see pics)
but am having a hard time finding these things.

The bolt there is about 10mm outside diameter and wire is ~1.5-2mm. Anyone know where I can get such things.

Attachments

• 20240213_155524.jpg
    20240213_155524.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 78
Sponsored Links
Drill small hole and fit nut and bolt and crimp a spade connector or similar, then fix. Use a second nut to prevent it loosening over time

I know Turkey has a lot of overhead cables, and they do have problems with the supply, but am sure when I went there they had earths, it was even more important than here to have a good earth.

Seems to be a class II fitting, and that nut and spring washer looks rotten, so I would be looking to see if a three core cable can be threaded to the lamp holder and use a lamp holder with an earth connection.

Sponsored Links
You get proper lighting ones designed for that.
Google
"ebay 10mm earth tag"
you can get ones with a screw terminal or ones with a soldered flylead which is sometimes better.
They clamp iunder the nut holding the arm on.

This sort of thing available everywhere, all electrical whole salers, DIY stores, Ebay, car accessory shops sell them in packs of a few.
1708800713924.jpeg

Can you change the lamp holder and put in 3 core? Lampspares.co.uk do a good range.

You get proper lighting ones designed for that.
Google
"ebay 10mm earth tag"
you can get ones with a screw terminal or ones with a soldered flylead which is sometimes better.
They clamp iunder the nut holding the arm on.
Thanks. I found those. Look very good.
Should be able to make the wife smile now. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back