How to bleed un-coprative central heating pump

OK that is a 3 port mid position valve , for future referance you have an open vent Y plan system, turn the heating and HW both off then move the lever on that valve across to manual and latch it then try bleeding again

I've just turned everything off, waited for the pump to turn off, I moved the MPV to manual and bled the pump, a little water tricked out. When I turned it back on its sounded great but after around 30 seconds it came back with the trapped air sound.

I'm guessing there might be off-gassing in the pipes or a more trapped air? (The boiler is set to 65 degrees due to the current temperature.) Would that temp potentially cause off gassing?

Sponsored Links
does the pump circulate but just noisy ?
Yes, all the radiators are hot, it just sounds like there is constantly air trapped in the pump, I'm just worried it could cause damage to the pump as it didn't sound like that prior to the flush.

Just run it for a while and see if it moves the air on its own, you wont damage it running it for a few hours, if it goes dry it will squeal loudly

Sponsored Links
Just run it for a while and see if it moves the air on its own, you wont damage it running it for a few hours, if it goes dry it will squeal loudly
Awesome, will leave it for tonight and check back in the morning! Thank you for all your help and advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back