How to box in a boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been looking for some step by step videos on how to do this but can't seem to find anything online or in my BnQ book.

Anyone have links or suggestions on what size of wood framing to use etc?

Sponsored Links
need to do your homework first
look at manufacturers instructions regards ventilation clearance between cabinet and boiler
and room for maintainance and operation

Should clarify I mean the water pipes underneath, the boiler and flue wont be covered.

Sponsored Links
we further need to know if it needs to be easy accses going to be tiled or painted
pictures would be helpfull along with the width and depth off the trunking required to cover the pipes

Im assuming the boiler is in the kitchen?
If so - Buy an extra unit that is wide enough to cover the boiler - Hang it as per a usual wall unit Make a generous cutout for pipes, Flues and more importantly ventilation !!
I usually just leave 2/3" bar towards the front of the unit at the top and bottom and 'L' bracket or Modesty block it together on the inside. Makes it simple for Mr Gas man to Take apart if necessary and stops customers using it as a cupboard.

If Not - Just ensure the boiler has plenty of ventilation to a common area at BOTH High level and Low level of boxing in to allow air to flow. Make it simple so the boiler remains easy to access if necessary. Manufacturers instructions will have clear guidelines so you don't void your warranty (Or kill the boiler)

(*just read your second post.......doh)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back