How to disconnect links on PCB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The image below is my panasonic DMR-E75V main power board. You can even see two suspect capacitors that are swollen.

To replace them I need to extract the board but I don't know how to disconnect the two links (to other boards) on the right edge. They are in the form of wire bridges.

Any one know?

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Indeed they do! - I have just come back to post that I made that discovery. I found I could unplug the right side just with my finger nail!

Thank you for the reply

Make sure you fit decent caps. Panasonic, Nippon Chemicon, Rubycon, etc.

Sponsored Links
I had already ordered the capacitors titles as below.

1500uf 16v 105c RUBYCON ZL series LOW ESR Long Life

There are the also the same physical size as existing. The only thing I am sure about is that the swollen ones should not look like that! - From what I have read, they seem to be a likely culprit for the loss of power.

Those capacitors are bulging because they are not low ESR types.

Actually, they are. Elna RJF series. The specs sheet appears to be numbers lifted directly from Rubycon's ZL series (as Blagard has purchased as replacements), which makes them questionable, to put it mildly.

I had already ordered the capacitors titles as below.

1500uf 16v 105c RUBYCON ZL series LOW ESR Long Life

There are the also the same physical size as existing. The only thing I am sure about is that the swollen ones should not look like that! - From what I have read, they seem to be a likely culprit for the loss of power.

Those are appropriate replacements. Those caps are definitely the root cause, whether they've taken any other components out.. well, you'll find out when you replace them.

Capacitors arrived this morning. Fitted and my old VCR/DVD combo is up and running again! - FYI the machine is around 15 years old so I think the old capacitors may have died of natural causes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back